About Mixed Up
Mixed Up’s membership site is an innovative mixed media resource aimed at crafters and amateur artists. It’s packed with a wealth of tutorials from international artists, most of which are exclusive to Mixed Up customers.
Each article is presented in a format that’s easy to read on-screen and include either a video or a downloadadable PDF file. The content is fully searchable, by category, tag or keyword.
Content is drip-fed, so you get new inspiration every single week of the year! And if your mojo needs a kick, there’s lots of archived content to look through for ideas. Join use and never be lost for a new project again!
We aim to bring you a wide variety of mixed media craft projects with easy-to-follow step-by-step and video tutorials. We want to actively support the craft industry, and work closely with a team of pARTners in the industry.
We focus on education and learning, encouraging readers to experiment and develop their skills with expert guidance and advice from top international tutors. Our product is created by crafters, for crafters, with an owner at the helm who is a lifelong arts and crafts enthusiast and practitioner.
About the founder – Katy Leitch
Katy Leitch is the founder, owner and editor of Mixed Up and is an experienced crafter who especially loves stamping and mixed media. Her vision is to create THE go to mixed media resource to help you learn, develop and (most of all) have fun with your art. Mixed Up brings you in-depth tutorials that encourage you to grow your skills. We hope a heartfelt love for art and craft shines through in everything we do.
Katy was formerly editor of two monthly craft publications magazines so she has bags of experience both in publishing and project management. She has also written articles for several well-know UK craft magazines.
What makes us different?
- We’re in it for love, not money.
- We actively support the craft industry with free and inexpensive advertising options and trend-led content.
- We have a totally open submissions policy. We encourage and nuture new talent and are open to submissions from anyone, from anywhere in the world. We want to showcase YOUR talent!
- Our content is interactive including links, video content and slideshows.
- We don’t have ‘filler’ content, just quality tutorials and interesting features.