About Mixed Up
Mixed Up’s membership site is an innovative and unique arty crafty online resource. It’s packed with a wealth of tutorials from international artists, most of which are exclusive to Mixed Up customers.
Each article is presented in a format that’s easy to read on-screen and include either a video or step-by-step instructions. Step projects also include a downloadadable PDF file. The content is fully searchable, by category, tag or keyword.
Content is drip-fed, so you get new inspiration every single week of the year! And if your mojo needs a kick, there’s lots of archived content to look through for ideas. Join us and never be lost for a new project again!
We aim to bring you a wide variety of art and craft projects with easy-to-follow step-by-step and video tutorials. We want to actively support the craft industry, and work closely with a team of pARTners in the industry.
We focus on education and learning, encouraging readers to experiment and develop their skills with expert guidance and advice from top international tutors. Our product is created with love and enthusiasm by tutors who genuinely love to share their skills and knowledge with others, with an owner at the helm who is a lifelong arts and crafts enthusiast and practitioner.
About the founder – Katy Leitch
Katy Leitch is the founder, owner and editor of Mixed Up and is an experienced crafter who especially loves stamping and mixed media. Her vision is to create THE go to resource for arty, crafty people, to help you learn, develop and (most of all) have fun with your art. Mixed Up Creative brings you in-depth tutorials that encourage you to grow your skills. We hope a heartfelt love for art and craft shines through in everything we do.
Katy was formerly editor of two monthly craft publications magazines so she has bags of experience both in publishing and project management. She has also written articles for several well-know UK craft magazines.
What makes us different?
- This isn’t just a business, we’re genuinely passionate about what we do – and we think it shows.
- Our content is interactive including links, video content and slideshows.
- We think our membership site model is unique, creating a virtual library of tutorials that grows each and every week!
- We actively support the craft industry with free collaborative working and advertising.
- We have a totally open submissions policy. We encourage and nurture new talent and are open to submissions from anyone, from anywhere in the world. We want to showcase YOUR talent!
- We don’t have ‘filler’ content, just quality tutorials and interesting features.